Oats is a better remedy for health. If you want to stay healthy always, then switch to oats from your regular meal. Being rich in fiber oats is a good supplement for reducing weight. Researches also show that it lowers the risks of certain types of cancer. The term oats can seem new for many people, hence they actually don’t know the real preparation method. There are many ways in which oat can be presented in the dining table. Oats Khichdi is something that you would definitely love to eat. If you also want to switch towards this supplement for a healthy heart then here is the quick recipe for oats Khichdi that you must try out.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Oats: 1/2 cup
Dal: 3 tablespoon
Turmeric: 1/4 teaspoon
Salt: As Required
Onion: 1 medium size
Ginger: 1 teaspoon finely chopped
Green Chili: 1 slit
Garlic: 2 cloves finely chopped
Tomato: 1 small
For the Seasoning
Oil: 2 teaspoon
Ghee: 2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
Whole black pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafetida/Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves: A spring
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- First of all you should finally chop all the vegetables.
- Wash and soak moong dal for 30 minutes in hot water. After 30 minutes, drain the water and keep it ready.
- Heat oil and ghee in pressure cooker and then add cumin seeds, whole black pepper, hing, and curry leaves.
- When cumin seed sizzles, add finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic, green chili and curry leaves.
- Sauté until onions turn transparent. Add chopped carrot, beans, tomato, soaked moong dal, turmeric powder and salt needed.
- Add oats and 2 cups of water and mix well. Taste the water to check for salt. Add if needed.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker, add a teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita, pickle or papads.
Go with the simplest recipe for oats Khichdi, we are sure you are dying to try it out at your home. You can also try instant oats that are very easily available in market for much convenience.